Saturday, June 6, 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday my stamping friends!!! I woke up to snow on the ground this morning...can you believe it!! It's unheard of for June, even in Alberta!! Anyway, the good news is, we're having another challenge over at Our Creative Corner and Jennifer Meyer gave us this FABULOUS sketch to play with this week!!


Jennifer is also very generously giving away a goodie bag from her store, Stamps and Smiles to one of our lucky players as well! Just make sure you link your project to the OCC site and if you upload to SCS, please use keyword OCCC!

I decided to use this fun image from My Favorite Things! I've also been needing to make something dimensional so I thought I'd make a little jewelry gift box to go along with it!! I thought the splash of red would make it all pop but now I can't help but think it looks a little Christmas-y...*sigh*...NOT the look I was going for!! lol

Thanks again to Jennifer for a great challenge!! Hopefully you all can find some time to play along! If you're looking for more inspiration, please stop by the OCC Blog to see the amazing creations the rest of the DT came up with!!

Stamps - MFT

Paper - Basic Grey, black, core-dinations

Ink - Momento

Accessories - Copics, Ribbon, Bling, Punches, Sizzix Pillow Box Die, jump ring, eyelet

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always, I love hearing your comments!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the image, the colours, the cool cool gift box!!! Ohhh I hope that snow melts for you!

    Hugs,

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Joycelyn I love the added red!!! Hope your snow doesn't come here!!! Bummer. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card - Joycelyn!!! The image is perfect for the Sketch and I lov ethe matching pillow box too!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous set Joycely!! I LOVE the beautiful colors and that red ribbon really makes the card pop!! Thanks for making me smile each week!

    Have a wonderful weekend, I hope it warms up by you!

    Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is phenomenal!!! I love it - as every week!!!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmasy? I don't think so... I really like the combination - very pizazzy! (Is that a word?) Love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!